"To inspire them to realize more and more of their capacities for living meaningful lives. Because there certainly is meaning to life."
-John Coltrane on Uplifting Others

Monday, January 25, 2010

Week 3: Beginnings

I have started on my website. It's called Mr. Lemon's Class, and looks really rough right now. I am still having problems with my webcam, but that hopefully will be remedied soon. As I begin this new project, I can't help but feel a little anxious to put this technology into practice. With starting a website (which for the record is something I didn't think I would ever do), I am beginning to see the possibilities in the classroom. I can't wait to work on this.
Also, Free Technology for Teachers had a blog about Digital Directors Guild, a new program geared to using technology in the classroom, as a class. What intrigues me about this concept is the universality of it. The class can work together on a single project, or break into groups and create a portfolio. An example would be, while teaching about the Harlem Renaissance, I can break the class into groups, and assign them different poems or music during the period. Their task will be to create a short, 2 minute video or slideshow, explaining the poem's significance.

No comments:

Post a Comment