"To inspire them to realize more and more of their capacities for living meaningful lives. Because there certainly is meaning to life."
-John Coltrane on Uplifting Others

Monday, March 29, 2010

A Few Thoughts

My video is uploading to TeacherTube at the moment, so I decided to take this time to write down a few thoughts about these processes. I found during the making of this crudely constructed and barely feasible montage of images from Harlem and Hughes that the lessons I learned making my podcast came in handy. Because I learned Audacity for sound mixing, I easily lay the poem and underlying music. Plus, my knowledge of the Commons in Wikimedia sent me every single one of the images I used in the presentation. By the end, I was both frustrated (due to my computer freezing a few times before I could save) and elated that I made a movie! It's something I can stress to my students: it's easier than you think.

Well, there's two cents for y'all. The movie has finished uploading, so I embed it onto the blog shortly. Take care, and leave some comments for me. That way I can improve.

No comments:

Post a Comment