"To inspire them to realize more and more of their capacities for living meaningful lives. Because there certainly is meaning to life."
-John Coltrane on Uplifting Others

Thursday, September 16, 2010

Quick Thoughts

1. I won't be in class today, so if everyone can write down impressions (as they see fit) on their blogs, I'll be most appreciative. I was going to ask for notes, but if we're doing what Dr. Burton and Dr. Zapala want, I won't need notes.
2. There is a company in Provo that uses Skype to teach English to students in Korea, China, Japan and several other areas. I have a video interview with them as soon as I can get my webcam to work. If anyone else is interested in this venture, they are hiring. Click here to turn in an application and become a teacher.
3. Interesting that we are talking about strong central governments and the digital world. It seems that the Internet is pretty democratized (except in Iran, China and a few other places), but I'm curious if there are strong central authorities in this new world? If you have an idea, comment on this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment